The Alltel UTStarcom PPC-6700 is a full-featured Windows Mobile smart phone that should be a good fit for Alltel's business customers. The all-in-one device offers a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and the Microsoft Office Mobile suite. Specifications of this phone 2.3 in x 0.9 in x 4.3 in. dimension, 0.4 lbs weight, short Messaging Service (SMS) capability, internet browsing, messaging / data features text messages, cellular technology CDMA, CDMA 800/1900 band mode, PDA phone style, intelligent typing (T9) , TTY compatibility, and up to 222 min talk time.
Being a Windows Mobile 5.0 based phone, Alltel UTStarcom can be configured with Microsoft Exchange Account on the Pocket PC.
Steps to configure Microsoft Outlook Exchange on Alltel UTStarcom PPC-6700
- If you want to connect via Infrared, you need to click on Menu - Connect via IR
- Go to Status (Here's the options for desktop synchronization with ActiveSync 4.0)
- Tick the things that you want to synchronize. For instance, Contact, Calendar, Email
- Then Click on Settings Button
- Enter a friendly name for your PC and select the options for how to handle conflicts.
- Then go to the Calendar Settings
- Then go to the Connections where you can select the ability to sync via USB or serial.
- Then go to Exchange 2003 Server Settings. These are entered when you select Menu - Add Server Source.
- Enter the domain name and password. If you store the password, you can choose to remove it later
- Then select what you sync with the server. Note that Tasks will not be synchronized with Exchange until you have installed Service Pack 2 for Exchange.
- Go to Menu Options after you have created both an Exchange Server and desktop partnership. This is the place to delete partnership by using click and hold.
- Then Schedule which is only available after you configure the Exchange Server hosted.